It is an honour and a privilege to serve the constituents of Scarborough-Rouge River in Parliament. The work I do in Ottawa on your behalf is important. But, it is equally important for an MP to work with and for the constituents of the riding, to ensure fair and timely access to federal government programs and services and to help sort out problems in these areas when they arise.
My staff and I make every effort to assist constituents with matters that fall under federal jurisdiction. When possible, we also do what we can to refer constituents to non-governmental organizations that may be able to provide support and assistance with other problems constituents may encounter. However, just as you elected me to be your federal representative, there are also elected representatives at the provincial (MPP) and municipal (City Councillor) levels of government who are responsible for and have an obligation to assist constituents with matters at those levels. My staff and I are not able to extend assistance to constituents experiencing problems with other levels of government, but we would be happy to provide you information and refer you to the appropriate office.
What Level of Government Do You Need?
• Canada Revenue Agency
• Employment Insurance
• Canada Pension Plan (including Canada Pension Disability, OAS & GIS)
• Passport Canada
• Citizenship & Immigration Canada
• Heritage Canada
• Service Canada
• and other federal departments
Please feel free to contact my office for more information.
• Ontario Works
• Ontario Disability Support Program
• OHIP & healthcare (including hospitals and walk-in clincs)
• Drivers Licenses & Birth Certificates
• Family Responsibility Office
• Children’s Aid Society
• electricity & natural gas pricing & regulations
• and other areas of provincial jurisdiction
For more information, vistit http://www.ontario.ca/en/residents/index.htm
Or find your local MPP contact information at the following website: http://fyed.elections.on.ca/fyed/en/form_page_en.jsp
Municipal Government (City of Toronto):
• garbage pick-up
• snow removal
• road & sewer repair (including potholes)
• parking infractions
• noise/property standards complaints
• zoning/land use
• TTC, fire & police services
• street lights/traffic lights
To find out more, please visit http://www.toronto.ca/. Or find the contact information for your local Councillor by visiting http://app.toronto.ca/wards/jsp/wards.jsp.